Monday 1 September 2014

Duelling gamers : The clock is ticking.


The final month is upon us and I have a lot to complete in order to finish this duel on time, if I am to be honest I am not entirely sure that I will finish all of this by the end of the month.
It may be sometime in October before it is all finished, but that is not going to occur without a good hard slog at the painting table, with the wood,eagle and 5 wild riders still left to complete I have added the following to the target.

So on with my final shop for the Duel, my final $100 retail plus the $2.07 saved from last month I have purchased the following.
  1. 1 noble asb on foot for $4.00 kitbashed from various kits saving $19.00  but counting as $23.00 towards the challenge,
  2. 2 Waywatchers from birthday presents and 3 old school scarloc rangers which I have had since my teens , these I will be using as Waywatchers all these for $0.00 saving $48.34 but counting as $48.34 towards the challenge.
  3. 1 Spell Weaver for $0.00 from birthday presents saving $28.00 but counting as $28.00 towards the challenge
So money spent for this month is $99.34 and for the entire duel is a grand total of $697.27, all things considered as close as i could get to the target $700.

So after six months of purchases for my Wood elves my final breakdown of the expenses looks like this.
Actual money Spent $ 188.42
Actual money Saved $ 508.85
Games workshop retail equivalent $697.27

So all things considered , I have managed to build a Wood Elves army worth $700 Australian retail  and around the 2400 points mark for less than $200 Australian with a combination of trading , online stores, local games stores and of course timely birthday presents. Now the hard part needs to happen, all I have to do is have it painted and ready to go for Axemaster in three weeks time, which of course would be easier if I did not have to finish the balance of my  July / August painting.

Duelling Update
Still to Assembled.
1 kitbashed noble asb on foot
5 waywatchers
1 Spell Weaver on foot

Still to paint 
NIL

Painting in Progress
1 giant eagle
Citadel Wood
5 Wild riders

Completed this Month
NIL

Completed in past Months
Drycha
1 Spellsinger on foot
12 Dryads
Dryad unit filler
25 Glade Guard
6 Glade Riders
3 Treekin
Treeman
1 giant eagle

So the plan for this week is to finish the other eagle and the Spellweaver, with some minor conversions again to make him mine. Wish me luck we are on the home straight.
Cheers Lupus.

No comments:

Post a Comment