Tuesday 3 March 2015

Cancon Day 2 Game 4- Attack of the Viv.

At the end of day one, I was sitting on two wins and one loss, so coming into the start of day two expected to have a strong match up, enter Viv Gleeson I last played him at Axemaster Game 2

It was the start of a new day and i was reasonably rested so a lot more pictures in this post.

Game 4- Viv Gleeson
Vampire counts
The Mission was Battle Line
Swedish comp of 15.1

1 Vampire Lord
General; Lore of Vampires, Heavy armour; Magic Level 3
Ogre Blade, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Potion of Foolhardiness
Quickblood, Red Fury, Beguile
Hellsteed

1 Necromancer
Magic Level 1
Obsidian Amulet, Scroll of Shielding  
Nightmare

6 Dire Wolves 1 Doom Wolf .

6 Dire Wolves 1 Doom Wolf

9 Dire Wolves 1 Doom Wolf

44 Skeleton Warriors
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician, champion
Banner of Swiftness

34 Zombies
Standard; Musician

4 Vargheists 1 Vargoyle
       
4 Vargheists 1 Vargoyle

10 Black Knights
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; full command

6 Hexwraiths, inc hellwraith  

1 Black Coach

His spells- cannot remember at least one vanhels
My spells
Lifeweaver:- flesh to stone, shield of thorns , regrowth and dwellers below
Beast singer :- Amber spear
Branchwraith:- earthblood

Deployment was pretty standard although viv did sucker me into deploying my Way watchers right where he wanted them away from his black knight bus in his left flank.
 

Here is Viv looking happy and ready to deploy to victory.
Turn 1
My Wildriders with shield of thorns deplete the hexwraiths

The quickly advancing dead, note the blacknight bus on the right and my treeman holding up the center unit of varghiests.
Turn 2.
The wildriders run due to the hexwraith lost combat , lost frenzy rolled a 10 to break, what the viv what the.

My center about to be destroyed.
Turn 3.

My left flank about to get creamed by the varghiests and fully buffed black coach.
Turn 4.
The aftermath, my wildwood rangers about to cop it from all sides.
Turn 5 and 6

My survivors of the battle my waywatchers seems they were not stupid after all.

So i was basically out played in this game , luck was not really a factor, i did manage to kill off one unit of dogs and that was it.  2545vp to 66, that is correct 66vp was all that i earned this game.

Result  Lost 20-0

I have lost to Viv 0-2 hoping our next chance to play I start to make a better showing of myself.
hats off to him he played a great game and I had a few laughs along the way.

Cheers Lupus



2 comments:

  1. Yep had a few games like this myself. Outplayed but if the opponent is good you just walk off shrugging and commiserate at the stalls buying more plastic and lead. Still you got the toys too the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed mate agreed, and Viv is always fun to play against.

    ReplyDelete