Tuesday 1 April 2014

Duelling gamers: Pre-duelling purchases overview


Duelling Gamers is finally here, woot.

As part of my preparation for this challenge I made some purchases prior to the start so that I would have models to work on and not waste time waiting on delivery. Six months sounds a lot of time to put an army together it isn't really, when you consider I have at most five hours a week for actual painting, so an average 20 hours a month of painting time.

Disclaimer: Some perhaps most of these figures may or may not be used in the challenge, we will have to see how the next six months pan out.

To give an overview of the bargains you can pick up I have included them all here, even though any pre-painted figures will not count towards the final duel results I will be using them in my overall army, until I can repaint them of course, I have included the cost of postage , as if you are not careful you could find yourself actually paying more for something then it is for sale in the shop, and therefore cost yourself money.
Just so I am clear - Postage should be a factor in online purchase decisions, at least that is my opinion on it.

Ebay
Treeman bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge
3 treekin bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge
1 drycha bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge
12 dryads painted- not allowed for the challenge
8 Glade riders on sprue - allowed for the challenge
16 Gladeguard painted - not allowed for the challenge

I picked up all this from one seller for $102.45 including postage. GW RRP is $366.00 so I paid 28% of retail, not bad at all, this is probably going to be the best deal of the duel.

Wargamerau
Purchases
22 Glade Guard on sprue- allowed for the challenge, I got this from one seller for $50.00 including postage. GW RRP is $75.63 so i paid 66% of retail.

11 Glade Riders on sprue- allowed for the challenge, I got this from one seller for $37.00 including postage. GW RRP is $75.63 so i paid 66% of retail.

Trades
2 Gamezone giant eagles bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge
1 Gamezone giant eagle with rider bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge
1 spellsinger bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge
10 wildriders bare metal un-assembled- allowed for the challenge

All of these come from trading some existing Lizardmen and High Elves that were just collect dust, so whilst I did not save any money, I also didn't spend any money either trading is a great way of getting value from an impulse purchase.

I may not use all of the figures that are currently available for the challenge in the challenge itself, but as part of the it is to show other gamer's how to make your gaming dollars stretch i felt it important to share this in a post by itself.

Anyway I have rambled enough already, catch you all next time.
Lupus




No comments:

Post a Comment