Monday 16 June 2014

Dueling Gamers: Elven Steed test completed


While sitting down thinking about this update I realized that it has been over 10 years since I last painted a horse of any description, this was in no small part to my wowcrack addiction, but the finished test scheme is something that I am excited about in my humble opinion, my mate Rupe a fellow participant of this insanity has a saying, a mantra really and it goes a little something like this 'so long as it looks good to you that is all that matters', I find that most of the time we are our own worst critics which is why I find that mantra useful, anyway on with the update.

Duelling Update
Still to Assembled.
6 Glade riders
19 glade guard

Still to paint 
Nil.

Painting in Progress
5 Elven Steed


Completed this Month
Gladeguard color test
1 Elven steed color test
Right side view of Elven steed.

Front view of Elven steed

Left view of Elven steed


Completed in past Months
Drycha
12 Dryad +Dryad Unit filler
3 Treekin
Treeman

Anyway I have rambled enough catch you all next time.
Cheers Lupus.

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good to me. The trick is always deciding how many different colours of horses you want to mix into the unit, and coming up with an approach that works for each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! The only comment I'd make is to get more light in your photos!! It's a little hard to see how nice the horsey is when it's so dark :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys,
    Hoodling, I am not sure how many different colors for the horses i will have at this stage, i think they will all be grey for this regiment, and when i paint the next regiment i will paint a different color horse so then i can mix and match the both of them for diversity.

    I will have to research a painting box or something, as i agree with you nick they are dark colors. When my army is close to being finished i intend to pop down to hoodlings games club for a few games, maybe some better photos as well.

    ReplyDelete